Monday 2 July 2007

Seven Ages of Rock




Now that the programme, Seven Ages of Rock, has come to an end one has time to reflect on the show. The show displayed different elements of rock music which conjured up feelings of nostalgia and after every show i did want to rush out and buy a CD by each of the bands featured on the show - even on the stadium rock show. You've got to love a bit of Bruce and his all American 501s!


Although I did feel disappointed with the show as it did not dig deep enough in the different area of my favourite music providing me with information that I did not already know. The punk music show, I feel, did not explore this genre as fully as it could have done. Whilst I did love watching highlights of the Clash, this show merely skimmed through punk's vast repertoire of bands and plays on preconceived ideas of punk. I was surprised this show did not show the progressive and ever changing nature of punk music developed into post punk. Maybe i shouldn't have read weighty a book on punk relatively close to the beginning of this show.
At least these shows examine a medium that is interesting and effects so many of us rather then being about another boring soap or American drama...gosh there are so many of them about at the moment. bah bah bah to them!

No comments: